Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Strange Days and Herbs


Today, a strange day found me. Woke up feeling good, had a cup of coffee, went to work, had a protein shake for breakfast. Nothing out of the ordinary. Served gourmet coffee to Los Angeles while I sipped on a total of 2 Americanos (espresso shots over hot water). Then all of a sudden, noon hits and I start feeling super nauseous. SURPRISE! It's throw up time! Rolling with the vomit session, it finally stopped. So, I wiped the black mascara running down my face then explained the unexpected turn of events to my coworkers. I was told to go home. I didnt argue. Taking a few emergency plastic bags, I hit the streets. Bumpy bus ride had my stomach juices swishing around. Praying to not throw up on the bus, I stared outside. I gasped when I saw a car accident that had just happened. Somebody ran over a man, he laid dead on the street while the driver was still in shock behind the wheel. A group of people stood far away from the dead man. The fire department was just arriving to the scene with no sirens.

Luckily, I didn't loose my "cookies" and made it to my bus stop! Shelly text saying she'd be walking with the dogs to meet me. I was keeping an eye out for her. When a young, blonde, girl in distress approaches me. Saying how she got a ticket parked at the meter. The meter showed she has 1 more minuet. She had forgotten her phone upstairs and needed to take a picture of her holding up her parking ticket next to the running meter. Before the min was up, I took pictures on my phone and text it to her. She was grateful. We had a brief, lovely, conversation. She said her name was Ariel.

A few more things happened but not everything is meant to be shared with everyone. In this strange day I learned a couple things. ONE IMPORTANT LESSON: Herbs are my friend. I tried to trace back possibilities to why I started vomiting. Along with spiritual battle, I knew there is a physical explanation. I'm no saint but I've been trying to seriously be healthier about what I consume. I am a lover of coffee. But I'm a tea drinker from way back. I've been embracing the tea side these days. Lowering my caffeine consumption overall. My body has been reacting differently to all substances including food and coffee since making dietary changes. So, today when I had all that strong caffeine on am empty stomach made me sick! Of course everything in moderation but   my herbs wouldn't do that to me! Smoke, drink, eat, rub, smell... There's more than 1 way to get your herbs and plenty of different herbs to choose from! Peppermint to soothe nausea, Camomile to relax, let's not forget about Cannabis... many strains for physical or emotional ailments. Herbs are vast with various healing properties for all types of people, moods, and needs. Unless its at home, flavored coffee, I've been forcing to drink coffee nowadays. My body craves and thrives off herbs. I thought I'd document and share this herbal living to all those who are in search of healthy living.

No comments:

Post a Comment