Sunday, December 9, 2012

Get serious!

Click Pic for Veetle

There comes a time in life where things get real.... quick! The blissful ignorance of being a beginner is no longer an option. Moving on from comfortable "intermediate". Taking on higher expectations on a more "professional" status. Excuses (as understandable as they may be) serve as a wishy-washy outlet to distract from taking action. In efforts to maintain emotional control, I've been trying to avoid turning to tears for solutions (see my previous blog "No Woman No Cry"). Crying can be very therapeutic. A beautiful, delicate, expression. Although, I found in this process, my tears typically are a result of fear, hopelessness, and/or pity. This past week was EXTREMELY emotionally challenging for me. Moments I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs and pull every strand of my hair out. I did find myself crying in public against my will... or so I thought. Perhaps, I have been overwhelmed. Hormonal. But when I reflect back on my thoughts, they were heavy with worry and hopelessness. In those moments, I felt broken and weak. Looking back I should have focused on the strength it took to get there. Then collect self, have a reality check, and go from there. Lesson learned. Life is getting serious. I'm getting serious about my health and career. There will always be a level of sacrifice and if it's accepted now... it'll save energy that could be used to go forward instead of being held up. Obstacles are just a part of life. In games, they help keep things interesting. Instead of fearing or dreading them, I'm trying to recognize and grow. I can rant on. Watch my recent Veetle to hear more of these sorts of thoughts (above pic courtesy of ZombieFoto- BTS from our last shoot!).
 
 Good luck on your journey. Keep your faith. Stay grounded. Be serious. Stay serious. No excuses. Choose happiness. Don't worry because I'll be right there with you trying to do the same! Luckily, we can learn from our mistakes, so there is no pressure to be perfect. All we can do is try our best!

No comments:

Post a Comment