Wednesday, May 1, 2013


 "You say goodbye and I say hello, hello, hello..."

          Turned my key in and officially called it quits at my first coffee shop job! I totally embraced the barista learning experience. My love and understanding of coffee has deepened. This job gave me the opportunity to develop an entire new skill! I'm incredibly grateful. It was kinda scary deciding to let go of something that had become such a big part of my life... but I started to get too comfortable. I was ready for new challenges. A complete re-shifting of my life. So, I updated and printed out tons of resumes. I was anticipating to be on the job hunt for at least a couple weeks. Surprisingly, within 2 days of serious searching, I found a cute cafe nearby who was interested in hiring me! We took a chance on each other and I began my trail period with them. Working 2 hourly jobs is DEFINITELY a situation I'd like to avoid in the future! Don't know how people can maintain sanity while trying to juggle a full, balanced, life. Turns me into an irritable, overwhelmed, deprived, state of being. Had a few days that ended in stressful tear shed. Including moments of feeling like I couldn't physically handle the strain. Then, you stop singing the "sorry for myself" tunes. Take a huge breath and look around. Take in reality. Rationally re- approach goals. Just gotta get through and realizes how good you really have it in the meantime... instead of being bitter. I've gained so much during this time of my life. That's why I had to take pictures on my last day of work. I left some sweet touches to remember me by.... like my signature bugged eyed, flower, doodle! When the labels peel away, my memories of this special place will stick forever!(Feeling so sentimental!) But "you say 'goodbye' and I say 'hello, hello, hello' " to a new chapter. I'm so excited to discover a new balance of working and performing. Find a routine that leaves room for exercise and a social life. I'm reclaiming my time! My flexible schedule will allow me to really focus on Martinez Girlz Productions. My GRACIOUS friend gave me her old computer so... TA DA new computer for me! Meaning, I can start editing again! Watch out world, here we come!!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment