Friday, January 25, 2013

Last Day of Being 23!

 The Road To 23: In A Nutshell

Tomorrow is the day... my big 24th BIRTHDAY!! People say I'm young. Honestly, I feel so old. Childhood definitely slid by too quickly. Dealing with harsh realities, experiencing traumatic situations that rob childhood innocence. Beginning to understand my purpose. I wanted to be a singer/actress (like in old movies), or teacher. 

Then, I entered the "Teen years".... which were actually fun! I began my make up career. Started working for Benefit Cosmetics. I began driving... which was so empowering! Especially, when I got to trade in my mom's car for my own new car. Did the long term boyfriend thing. Learned A LOT about relationships and myself. Hanging with friends, going to school (I miss school!!), totally throwing myself into singing and performing. Rebellious craving freedom but still a "good girl."

Then early adulthood hit. 18. Went to college on small music scholarship (Choir) and tons of student loans. Majored in Psychology, which is still a passion of mine! Toured with my choir to Romania. First tastes of freedom. Kinda lost myself for a few years. Became closed off, judgmental, then over-corrected by becoming too open and trusting. 20's hit. I discovered Cannabis. In conjunction with weekly therapy and holistic healing, I began finding peace. Deep exploration of self. I go through Rite of Christian Initiation for adults, in the Catholic Church. I'm confirmed and join the Catholic family. Finally, I dropped out of college. COMPLETELY ended unhealthy relationships. Moved to LA and began pursuing a career in Entertainment. Became business partners with my sister, Shelly. I became heavily involved in the Cannabis community. Working with various dispensaries but ultimately continued working as a make up artist. A brief party phase.

Which brings us to now! Serving coffee as my day job. While still hustling and trying to advance in my dream career. This last year has been the most satisfying I've yet to experience in my adulthood. I'm trying new avenues. I would have NEVER planned on becoming involved in wrestling. Still kinda tripping! I thought I wouldn't fit in. Assumed I wasn't wanted. Now, I'm working alongside wrestlers I call friend. This path feels so natural. I'm letting things organically unfold and take form in my life. 24, show me what you got!

No comments:

Post a Comment